Tuesday, November 29, 2016

How to increase child support payments
If you are looking to increase child support payments that you have been receiving, it is possible in many cases. The first thing you need to know is that child support is based on income calculations when an order for child support is granted.

More than likely most people have had substantial increases in their incomes over the years since the original calculations for figuring the amount of child support that they were ordered to pay.

So how do I go about getting a child support payment increase? Child support is never automatically increased in a child support order, so to start the process in motion you will need to file a motion asking the court to review your child support payments proving that there has been a substantial increase in earnings of the ex-spouse than when the original order was put in place. Thanks to the Federal Child Support Guidelines, it is now your right to ask for more money when you believe it is available.

As the custodial parent, it is actually your responsibility to look out for your child’s best interest. The Courts view a request to increase child support payments as showing you are acting in the best interest for the child. Statistics have shown that the incomes of ex-spouses have raised an average of 31% across the board.

When you consider the national rise in incomes and the fact that additionally the cost of living has gone up as well, you might be surprised to find out that you can add up to $200.00, $300.00 or even more in child support payments you could be receiving over what you are getting now.

So, if you are ready to increase child support payments here is what you need to do. You can do this without an attorney but I suggest that employee one and ask them to file a motion to the court to modify and change the support order.

Be prepared to prove to the court that there has been a substantial change in the payee’s income and other cost of living expenses that merit an increase in payments. Both parties will have to show proof of incomes to the court. At this time, the court will be more than happy to grant the increase in child support payments if you show just cause. However, get your facts and proof together first before you file this document with the court showing good cause as they may actually fine or penalize someone who files this motion that cannot show good cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment